INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
- What is a Cookie?
A Cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your PC, telephone or any other device, with information about your navigation on that website. Cookies are necessary to facilitate browsing and to make it more user-friendly, and they do not damage your computer. While this Policy uses the general term “Cookies”, as they are the main method for storing information used by this website, the browser's "Local Storage" space is also used for the same purposes as the Cookies. All the information included in this section is also applicable to this "Local Storage".
- What are Cookies used for on this website?
- Who uses the information stored in Cookies?
The information stored in the Cookies from our website is used exclusively by us, except for those identified below as "third-party cookies", which are used and managed by external entities to provide services requested by us to improve our services and the experience of the user when browsing our website. The main services for which these "third-party cookies" are used are to obtain access statistics.
- Third party cookies
Third party cookies are subject to said third party privacy policies. We hereby inform you about the purpose of these cookies of and how you can manage them, to the extent we are aware thereof.
- We may choose to include on our website some third party applications that provide you with the possibility to share content with third parties or let other persons know you browsed our website. Such is the case for instance of “Like” and “Share” functionalities offered by the social network platforms (“Facebook”, “Twitter”, “Instagram” etc.) which we include on our website. Social networks which offer these functionalities may identify you even though you do not use these functionalities on our website. Indeed, such functionalities allow social network platforms to track information about your browsing on our Website whenever your social network account was in active session is active while browsing on our Website.
- We do not control in any way how these social network platforms collect your personal data while you are browsing our Website. We invite you to read the Privacy policies of these social networks to find out how they use browsing information they collect (including for advertising purposes) through these buttons. These privacy policies should provide you information about how they manage your preferences on your social networks account.
- How can I avoid using Cookies on this website?
You may restrict, block or delete the Cookies from this website at any time by changing the configuration of your browser following the steps indicated below. While settings are different in each browser, Cookies are normally configured in the "Preferences" or "Tools" menu. For further details on configuring Cookies in your browser, see the "Help" menu in the browser itself.
For Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and more:
- Go to “Tools” menu, then “Internet Options”
- Click on “Confidentiality”
- Select your preferred level of confidentiality
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “Tools” then “Options” menu
- Click on the “Privacy” settings
- Select your preferred option on the “Cookie” menu
- Go to “Files” > “Preferences”
- Click on “Privacy”
- Select your preferred option
For Android browser:
- Click on the upper right button
- Go to “Settings” then “Privacy & security menu”
- Select your preferred option
For Dolphin Browser on Android:
- In the Menu, go to “More” then “Settings”
- Select the “Privacy & security settings” menu
- Select your preferred option in the “cookies” menu
For Safari on iOS:
- In the “Settings” app, go to “Safari” menu
- Go to “Accept cookies” entry under “Privacy”
- Select your preferred option
For Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
- Select “settings” then click “show advanced settings”
- In the “Privacy” section, click the “Content settings” button
- In the “Cookies” section, you can change cookies settings.
- Which particular Cookies does this website use
The cookies used on our websites have been categorized based on the guidelines found in the ICC UK Cookie guide. We use the following categories on our websites and other online services:
Category 1 — Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential to enable you to browse around our websites and use their features. Without these cookies, services like shopping baskets and e-billing cannot be provided.
Category 2 — Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how you use our websites — for instance, which pages you go to most. This data may be used to help optimize our websites and make them easier for you to navigate. These cookies are also used to let affiliates know if you came to one of our websites from an affiliate and if your visit resulted in the use or purchase of a product or service from us. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Category 3 — Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow our websites to remember choices you make while browsing. For instance, we may store your geographic location in a cookie to ensure that we show you our website localized for your area. We may also remember preferences such as text size, fonts, and other customizable site elements. They may also be used to keep track of what featured products or videos have been viewed to avoid repetition. The information these cookies collect will not personally identify you, and they cannot track your browsing activity on non-Genteel Handmade websites.
Category 4 – Targeting/Marketing Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation